The health and safety of the children in our program, their families and our educators are our top priorities. For this to be effective, you must complete our daily health check and ensure, without exception, that you keep your child(ren) home if ill, and when a household member and/or child has been exposed to the virus and has been asked to self-isolate.
Children should be kept home if they have any of the following symptoms: runny nose, cold-like symptoms, fever, chills, cough, difficulty breathing, loss of smell or taste, nausea or vomiting, diarrhea.
Arrival/Departure Procedures during Covid-19:
- All staff members will sign a symptom declaration upon arrival.
- All parents/guardians dropping off or picking up children should wear masks when interacting with any of the daycare staff.
- Please maintain a social distance of at least six feet between daycare staff and other children or families.
If a child becomes ill or shows symptoms of illness while at daycare:
- The child will be isolated and supervised by a staff member until the parents or emergency contact can retrieve the child.
- Strict cleaning and disinfection procedures have been and continue to be in place.
- Minimized physical contact and physical distance measures have been and continue to be in place.
- Educators wear masks when interacting with adults.
- Children are trained, as needed, in hand-washing and respiratory hygiene.
If a member of the household or a child tests positive for the virus, we ask that you inform the manager. Your privacy will be respected. This will allow her to take precautionary measures to ensure the well-being of the daycare children and staff.